This article will give a breakdown of the best API testing tools in the testing world.
API testing (Application Programming Interface Testing) is software testing that focuses on testing the API component of the application. The purpose of API Testing is to check the functionality, reliability, performance, and security of the programming interfaces.
Many organizations are moving towards API testing as it provides a faster turnover of test results when compared to UI testing.
Let’s see some of the top open-source API Testing Tools
- Postman is a platform for API development.
- Postman make each step easier to build an API and streamline such that we can create better APIs smarter and faster.
- An HTTP client to test web-based services.
- More than five million users using this postman worldwide.
- Postman avails various types of HTTP call in addition to REST, including SOAP and GraphQL.
- Testing tool for both SOAP and REST requests.
- Used in API automation testing.
- Groovy scripted.
- Testing tool for Service-Oriented Applications and Web services.
- An open-source tool.
- Apigee provides many options to create API proxies, including: the Edge management UI to define an API proxy Graphical User Interface (GUI).
- It is built on enterprise Java.
- Apigee is a cloud development platform where you can manage and develop your APIs.
- Provides an abstraction or facade for your backend service APIs
- Supports both hybrid cloud and multi-cloud
Rest-Assured is an open-source Java Domain-specific language that makes testing REST services more simple.
- Contains baked-in functionalities, which means users don’t have to code things from scratch.
- Integrates seamlessly with selenium automation framework, User can perform UI as well as API testing in single framework
- Support BDD Given/When/Then syntax.
This article covered the top API testing tool and their feature used by the tester society. We hope it is useful, and you go ahead and start having hands on these tools